Thursday, October 12, 2006

homesick..

even though I have come to terms with the fact that I will soon be out of a job and without a place to live -- I am taking it one day at a time at the moment to avoid going nuts about it -- I am still carrying an unshakeable (word?) sadness with me. I am still pretty homesick (for NYC) but, I suppose, it is only natural to long for my well established life back in NY when I am struggling for our existence over here. What I miss the most are still my friends, some of whom I consider like family.

A few days ago I was so determined to go back that I almost booked our flights back to NY (also, there was a great special going on, and I felt like I had to take advantage. ;)

I have to focus on the things that are positive and beautiful here...and there are so many things.









1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Think about this way, your town isn't going to be terrorized anytime soon BUT New York City might be!

Your family is safer, happier and healthier over there and pretty soon you will be also; Hopefully?