Thursday, March 09, 2006

forget what I wrote yesterday

....that was just BS, I think.
I think, I am just afraid of this big step. That`s all.

Most of all I am probably afraid I might regret the fact that I will have to reject the acceptance of Graduate Schools I have tried very hard to get into. Schools that are very selective and whose invitation to study isn`t to be taken for granted.

Oh well, at least I can comfort myself with the fact that I got in.
But seriously, I think I am standing on an edge here. Don`t know what will happen when I jump (I can`t even say if I jump).

Do I really want to live in a country that allows advertisement such as this?



The poster is an ad of the liberal party (which really is a right-wing party) and it is supposed to encourage people to sign their petition to forbid Turkey its anticipated membership in the European Union.
The poster's headline asks if we want this to be our future. (aaaarrrgh. f*in idiots. I can`t believe they get away with this).
Anyway, so far they haven`t really had much response to this. The petition booths opened 3 days ago and except for a few senior citizens nobody seems to sign. So, thank God, there is hope. People are not all idiots.

But really, I wonder, if I will find this peace and goodness I am looking for in life. I am afraid that my expectations will be shattered and that I will be bitterly disappointed .......and when this happens, where will I go? How do we flee from human failure? It is everywhere. Even within ourselves.

No comments: