Monday, September 11, 2006

9/11: remembering Michael

**********
Michael was my dear friend Michelle's elder brother. I am an immigrant myself and Michelle was my first real friend in New York City. I have always admired the close relationship between the Baksh siblings and I always hope that my hubbie and I will be able to accomplish what Mr. and Mrs. Baksh have accomplished with their four children. I have never seen such intense family ties. I met Michael and his wife and kids at several occasions and to me they seemed like the kind of relationship one should strive for. Their love and respect for each other was evident even to a stranger. And their kids, Ava and James, are just the sweetest things.They will carry their father's traits into the future and Michael will live on through them. When my grandfather died my father consoled my tears with an encouragement... He told me that as long as we remember he will live on.Michael has made a deep impression on so many people who will always remember that; he has lived life to the fullest, he has studied, he has had music, he has loved, he has had children, he has had God in his life, he was happy. I am taking an example. He's a role-model.I think about him and his family often and I always pray that their pain will cease and that only the good will remain. I am convinced Michael is with them, for there is more to life than just our physical world. Love lives on.Christina, Ava, Michelle, Asha, Mona, Kas, Mr. & Mrs. Baksh -- All my love to you and may God give you strength -- every day. Michael is with you --every day. And this is for James, too...he's too little to read now...but who knows, maybe he will get to this collection of memories and thoughts one day.

sisi 2001
**********

Michael lost his life in the North Tower of the WTC on his very first day of work.
Thinking of Michael today, this 5th anniversary of this terrible terrible day.

I wish that one day only love and fond memories will replace the pain I know still haunts my very dear friend's heart.
I love you, Michelle. Be strong today!

No comments: