Thursday, April 20, 2006

Maia sez

Dario is sleeping in late. Around 9am Maia has had enough.:
Mom, she says with an annoyed tone of voice, what is it with Daddy? He is just sleeping and sleeping. ...He's like Sleeping Beauty.

----------------

Maia is getting on my last nerve. I am trying to put baby down for a nap and every time she's almost asleep, Maia bursts in the door, ignoring all my pleas to leave. After the 3rd time, I lose it and yell out: Dario, would you please tie this child to a chair or something. She is driving me crazy. (don't know where that came from but sometimes you don't think what you're saying at high stress times).
Anyway, later in the day...the incident long forgotten....Maia calls me into her room, seemingly annoyed by her little sister. Mom, she says in a calm, very polite and by-the-way kinda voice, could you please tie baby to a chair...she is keeps on messing up my puzzle.
MAIAAA, I cry, that was only a joke! (and secretly I panic: oh my God, she is going to repeat that on her first day at school...and that will be the end of my beautiful family-life here.)

------------------

D to Maia: We have to go the Rathaus (German for City Hall) tomorrow.
Maia: I don't wanna go anywhere where there are rats running around.
--------------------

No comments: