Thursday, August 17, 2006

flyiiiing by

time is flying by me (all I do is work, work, work, work....oh and did I mention, WORK.) anyway, so I am getting back to posting mails I've written lately. Don't have time to make a blog entry, too. so here is the easy way out ;) :

hey girl,
[...]
I heard about the state of emergency that was called in NYC due to the heat. How are u holding out?
It's been raining here for almost 2 weeks now. It is so cold we all need sweaters and jackets. It's strange considering the summers I've had during the past 10 years.

My tenants are turning out to be real deadbeats. They haven't paid the rent in 3 months and I am about to have a nervous break-down about that.
They say that will catch up definitely by end of August, beginning of September. And they are - besides seemingly irresponsible - very nice people - so I am a sucka and let them get away with it.
But only until end of August. If they haven't made up for July and Aug. rent by then, I am going to tell them to leave...and I guess, I will do that parallel to the court paperwork. Ahhh, just what I need. More money to throw out the window.
[...]
My friend found open mail from them (lost between our mail, which they slipped under our door). It turned out to be a document from the IRS telling them that they owe 14,000.- .... How are they ever going to pay the rent?!! :O

Everybody is telling me to throw them out NOW ... but I guess, this is all easier said than done. I work fulltime, have a shitload of other crap to do, and oh yeah, maybe the fact that I live on another continent isn't making this any easier...

End of August - that's when I will make the decision (which will then depend on whether they have paid the agreed amount until then or not).
[ I know, you have a lot of crap to do, but I would really appreciate if you could do one or the other office run for me, if shit really hits the fan. I think I have exhausted my favor calls from Rosa and Pabs, who are both also crazy busy themselves. We have even had to enlist Rene's help for a few weeks (to get Dario's certificate of good conduct) ]. I will only ask you if absolutely necessary and then please just say yes, if you are feeling ok.

Other than that there is the letter I got from the collection agency about the cablevision account Dario was supposed to close, and swears he did. So, that's another couple of hours with mostly indifferent and often incompetent costumer service on the phone for me. yeiih.

***
Dario has been busy doing webwork. He's doing websites and logos for 2 people (one is a hockey recruiter from Boston, the other one a business man - actually an old friend of ours - from Connecticut.). He also has just openend an ebay shop, which he populates with items from his drop-shipping "company" - you might have gotten an e-mail with the webURL from him in the past few weeks. I am happy for him but he is on the computer wayyy too much now, and he just doesn't realize. I am having flashbacks to our old life in NY.

Other than that our family life has been signficantly more harmonious since we have moved. I am not sure, whether it is the new environment or the influence from others but I am going we the latter theory. It just isn't part of the culture here to fall out of line so easily; consequently, D and I talk to each other in a much more civilized way. I guess, it also is the fact that he doesn't hang out with all these "kids" anymore. I don't remember the last time I have cursed. It just feels really out of place here. ;) ... Dario never cursed much to begin with...so, I guess, this change is more obvious in my case. I am always the f*ck-up. ;)

The kids are doing well, too.
Maia has done some more adjusting and I am glad about this. she doesn't point out anymore, how much she misses NY and how she wants to go back. I do, however, wonder whether I am depriving her of a) greater possilities of personal development and b) a better social life (because of the language barrier she has become a bit of a loaner, and the whole bossiness of hers just doesn't work without language.) ;)

Other than that (didn't I just use this phrase?) she is adjusting well. She has started to throw in full German sentences and she understands an awful lot. She is also becoming a little more ...hmm...well-mannered, if I may say. You know how those European kids are, ...always greeting, picking up stuff someone drops, ... although, she is still very much a little American...or should I just say ..a little Maia. ;) always needs it a different way than everyone else, always dancing out of line, and always always trying to talk to everyone.

Nayla didn't have much adjusting to do. She's good and enjoys her outdoor life. They really are outside most of the day. Maia is riding her little bicycle on that huge terrace, we wouldn't know what to do with otherwise, and Nayla is going to get a walking bike. I don't know, if you have seen those. They are little bikes without pedals for kids between 2 and 4. The kids sort of push themselves foward with their legs and because they learn how to balance themselves, they transfer directly over to a real bike (without training wheels) when they're ready. With Maia we are too late but Nayla we are putting on one of these. I can't believe my friends' 3 year-olds riding their bikes like 5- and 6-year-olds. Unbelievable...



ok.
so, that's it for today.
I am off today, for a change.
Write your dailies, too - again!
;) xoxo sisi

No comments: