Tuesday, September 20, 2005

50 Cent is my free ticket

you know how you do these weird pacts with your partner? you've basically got one famous person you are allowed to sleep with (because that ain't never gonna happen, anyway).
For Dario that's Gwen Stefani ..or Julia Stiles (I think) ... for me it's 50 Cent but I think I just changed my mind. Looking for a photo to post on my blog I found a mugshot of his ...and his real name is CURTIS! (oh no, oh no...my beautiful "bad boy" illusion is destroyed.) I have to say, though, this man knows how to deliver the "tough rapper" image. Excellent marketing. You should check out his site ...well, he probably really is tough...but the PR work is still excellent
www.50centonline.com

Anyway, the reason I am making this entry is because today I ran into somebody who looked JUST like 50 Cent. I had to make a double-take and he caught me at it, which made me blush and smile like a shy teenager (not that these girls are shy anymore...nowadays.) A minute later, as I was parking my car (where I wasn't supposed t0), he triple-parked right next to me (to move some weights he had left on the floor before). This then didn't leave any space for the bus behind us to pass and that's how we made contact. We really didn't make contact. I'm a wuss so we just talked for like a second about who should be moving the car (me or him) and then as he was driving away he waved at me with a very big smile.
There goes my free ticket, I thought, too bad I probably won't ever see him again.

This is the kind of place New York is. A city full of beautiful people which I will never connect with. The perfect place for singles (who can be spontaneous and open with strangers). Not so much fun for the commited ones (like me)...who can't offer anything but a smile.
I'm so prude.

sigh.

No comments: