Thursday, July 27, 2006

just my luck...

went to the movies with D yesterday. sneak preview (which turned out to be ironically titled "just my luck"...ironically, as you will conclude from the following entry.)

so, here in Austria (Vorarlberg, at least) the movie-tickets you buy are - like in the theater - assigned seats. when we got to our row and our places, Dario sat down next to the pretty girls, while I got stuck with the seat next to the questionably looking guy with the long untaimed hair, the too-tight pants, and generally of a rather hippiesque appearance. I stood there for a few seconds, contemplating whether I should make D move over into the "man-section" but then decided to just take the risk and settle. I can't tell you the relief, when I sat down.

Ahh, thank God the man has showered today, I thought. (which is not to be taken for granted here. YES, the stereo-type is true..and I cannot believe, I never noticed before. There are many people - especially men - that just do not shower every day and I am suffering I tell you. suffering. especially now, that it is like 85° every day, and the infrastructure here still doesn't include airconditioning everywhere.)

Unfortunately, I was almost instantly punished for my jugmental thoughts.
The minute the movie started, I noticed a pungent smell coming from my left. I had to dig my nose into Dario's shirt to escape the momentary gas-chamber simulation by my seat-neighbor's flatulence.
It was horrible. Every few minutes he let another one rip. At the end of the movie he really didn't care anymore. He literally lifted his ass and let it rattle. eeeewwwhhh!

Dario on the other hand was happy, I think. I was never so close and affectionate with him during a movie. My head was on his shoulder almost the entire time (to allow for quick but discreet escape from gaseous torture).

No comments: