Sunday, July 23, 2006

why men never remember and women never forget

Listen to this first.

if this is true, then I must have more testosterone in me than I thought, for I seem to have a specific problem remembering the bad stuff. you might think I'm nuts claiming this, especially if you know my blog (and come to think of it: considering the name of my blog), but it is true. There are a few traumatic events I remember but generally I focus on the good.
Best example is my whole (very one-sided) friendship drama (see previous posts). If I had any "talent" of remembering the bad, I would totally put this shit behind me and have no desire to speak to these people ever again. Somehow, my brain, however, chooses to focus on the good in people. This makes me generally a very forgiving person. Revenge is a foreign concept to me.

Well, I guess, this isn't a bad thing. This has kept me good friendships over decades..and we all know friendships don't always come easy.

No comments: